Wednesday 15 May 2013

A couple of classic Skavens

Two classic Skavens I painted a few weeks ago. The Leader who is pointing is one of my favorite Skavens and I really like the simplicity of the Poison Wind Globadier. For these I tried light effect - have tried this before without success but thought I give it a new try. Think it turned out ok this time. Might use them for my work in progress Nurgle warband ... I am also thinking about painting a Skaven army for WHB 3rd edition. Have quite a lot of the old minis ... we'll see.

Skaven Poison Wind Globadier
Skaven Leader

9 comments:

  1. Old Skaven are something so delightfully "only GW" they hold a soecial place in my heart even the clunky plastics as they were my first citadel models I got with Advanced Heroquest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much agree. Next to Chaos, Skaven is my favorite. Never played Advanced Heroquest but I am familiar with the minis. Especially from the 80s Citadel painting guide. /Hans

      Delete
  2. Great painting job! I love the second model, one of the best skavens ever made by Jes Goodwin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaeckel! How's the dwarfs coming along? /Hans

      Delete
    2. Huu... crossbowmen at the present time. Not my favorite models, but I have to finish 20 of them to comply with the 3rd Edition dwarf army list!

      Delete
  3. I think you've painted them very well!
    The glowing light effect works perfectly on Skaven.
    I have some old vintage Skavens that I have had for years now.
    Maybe I should pick them up from the pile of "projects" and paint them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ola! I definitely think you should paint them :) /Hans

      Delete
  4. Love these models, just love them huge huge amountssss.....

    Excellently painted, that OSL looks great

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...