Friday 24 May 2013

Nurgle Warband - Minotaur (Zebrotaur)

With inspiration from late 80s WD 'eavy metal articles I decided for a more wild approach to the Nurgle warband Minotaur...this became the Zebrotaur. A Minotaur in zebra stripes. The base is intended to be chaos wasteland with the shimmering chaos winds reflected in the bone pale surface of the very north of the old world.

Nurgle Warband - Minotaur 

Nurgle Warband - Minotaur 

Hope you like it!

On the subject of Minotaurs I thought I show some of the favorites metal men from my collection - the 40k Minotaurs. They are just awesome...

40k Minotarus

Next up is a C20 March troll.

4 comments:

  1. Funny, I also have this WD featuring a Tzeentch Chaos warband with a winged(!) zebrotaur :)
    The model is great, but I'm not convinced by the base: white on white, it should contrast more with the miniature IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - white on white does not bring out the mini but the bone colored bases is what I am going for for my Nurgle warband. Not really satisfied yet with the bases though and thinking about updating them with some grey and make them closer to what I did with my Slaanesh Champion a few post ago. We'll see...

      Delete
  2. Loving the warband so far.. You don't see many zebraskinned chaso minis anymore so its great to see one painted outside the 80s.

    I also have the 2 40k minotaurs and agree they are great. Its a shame they only did the 2 relly as these would be a great replacement for ogryns...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dale! The inspiration actually came from an old WD article with a zebra-striped centaur. Agree about the 40K minotaurs, would have been great with more of them. I can just see in front on me a squad of these - awesome... .I guess that they were designed when 40k seemed more of a futuristic version of WFB. Thx for stopping by/Hans

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...