Sunday 23 February 2014

Realm of Chaos Scenery: Chaos Altar

Painted my Chaos Altar yesterday. This was a fun build. It's all natural materials excepts e.g. a few skulls. The big protruding part is a piece of actual bone - very suitable.

To make all the part fit together smoothly I used the Vallejo Plastic Putty and PVA glue. The glue was perfect for creating very smooth areas here and there and especially of the bone.

The painting was a lot of fun as well. Big area to play around with layers and layers of colors.

I'm been thinking for a long time to do a Chaos Altar. It all started with reading White Dwarf 124 and 125. These features articles on Beastmen and Minotaurs and also mentioned Chaos Altars. I guess it took a while to get it done but hey, better later than never.

Realm of Chaos Scenery: Chaos War Altar






Thanks for stopping by! /Hans

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely bloody splendid! The very definition of "Chaos" (in the GW sense).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks so weird, organic and alien. It goes perfectly with your miniatures and their bases. The fact it's a real piece of bone makes it even cooler.
    I love the other two terrain pieces you showed yesterday, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana! The idea was that the lower part should be in same style and color as the bases - glad you noticed.
      /Hans

      Delete
  3. So good. Nice to think about PVA used that way. I'd be curious to see other places you're using it, and how. Thanks for these awesome posts of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evan!
      PVA is quite useful - first time though I just if for sculpting. I'm working on a few more altars/scenery pieces where I use PVA as well. I'll take some photos of them before I start the painting to show how I used it.
      /Hans

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...